Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 2: Vegan London

One thing that is becoming immediately apparent is that I am probably going to lose a LOT of weight this month. I nearly cried at 7am when I, again, tried to give my custom to a service station and left empty handed after realising that there was not a single breakfast sugar hit permissible under my new strict lifestyle. Croissants. Shit loads of butter. Pain au Chocolat. Equal doses of butter and...cow milk. Brioche. Egg. Flapjack. Butter. Holy shit. How can I survive this? Not only am I curbing animals products, but it seems that they harbour a ridiculous percentage of my daily sugar addiction. Well. It will perhaps turn out to be the best thing I ever did.

Without having the facility to prepare lunch for myself I found this...


www.veganlondon.co.uk/eat

and then tried this place...

Urban Eats, 39 Lambs Conduit Street, London, WC1N 3NG. (I'd say it's no 37, but what do I know!)

Lamb's Conduit Street is already well worth a visit as it's a beautiful little street populated with independent retailers of varying sorts. With Urban Eats on the map it's definitely gone up a notch in my estimation. I had the best lunch I've had in some time... a raw sundried tomato, pesto and onion pizza with salad for £4.50. I have to be completely honest and say that other than the brocolli, cranberries, stray leaves  and carrot, I haven't got a bloody clue what's in the salad selection. It tasted bloody good though... and dare I say... healthy!
It also gets a bonus point as the lady owner was amidst a big indepth chat with some of the customers discussing vegan/ raw living and keeping costs fair for all. It most definitely was not the me versus them type chat that scares me about places 'like that', much more of a, this is my way, I love it, feel great and want to share it with anyone else who might fancy it. A nice place, great food and right in the centre of town. Can't be bad.





I then popped down to The Peoples Supermarket for fair trade bananas, miso soup and tofu for dinner.


www.thepeoplessupermarket.org


Day Two: WIN!